Job Title: Office Assistant / Shop Coordinator
Reports To: Manager
· Phones are answered within the first 3 rings and, if necessary, callers are put on hold for no longer than 60 seconds without monitoring.
· All phone messages are correct, easy to read and understand, and professional phone etiquette is followed at all times.
· All filing is current and accurate.
· Customer tickets are prepared accurately.
· Products and parts are ordered in a timely and accurate basis and followed up consistently.
· Information is gathered for service department work and estimates are prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
· Appointments for service work are set with customers on a schedule which meets the needs of customer and company personnel, and customers are notified promptly when changes in the schedule are required.
· You present a positive image of the company in all of your professional contacts.
· You have excellent rapport with co-workers as part of a team environment and provide assistance to others as required.
· You are respected by and have good working relationships with outside vendors, suppliers, support personnel, and customers.
· You are always alert to ways your knowledge, performance and/or the procedures you follow can be improved.
· Your work area is well organized and clean.
· You utilize “slow” time effectively by assisting others and by learning all office and other company operations to increase your value to the company.
· All support functions for management and the Owners are current.
You will work independently much of the time, but will work closely with co-workers in certain aspects of your job and when helping them with their tasks. For many of our customers, you will be the initial contact with the company and their first impression can impact their desire to work with us. While meeting the individual responsibilities of your position is your primary priority, you will be expected to be a positive, cooperative and contributing member of the team. In our environment, direct communications between co-workers and between employees and management in an attitude of mutual respect is essential. All employees are expected to be supportive of the Mission Statement of the company and to have their job performance be consistent with that Statement. Your work, appearance, and attitude are expected to enhance our excellent reputation.
The Ideal Person
· Is organized, efficient, honest, punctual and dependable
· Is pleasant, friendly, with a sense of humor – with customers and co-workers
· Is able to establish priorities
· Is flexible, with the ability to embrace change and accept constructive criticism
· Has a good aptitude for math
· Is computer literate and proficient in the software applications used by the company
· Possesses good typing and clerical skills
· Reads and retains information and is trainable
· Is willing to help others
· Is able to work in fast paced environment
· Has good people skills, in person and on the phone
· Has excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work with little or no supervision
· Has a desire to learn as much as possible about those aspects of the company’s operations which impact his/her position and which are impacted by his/her performance.
The Work Responsibilities Include
(but aren't limited to):
Utilizing our systems and work methods to accomplish the following:
1. Answer all incoming phone calls – direct calls or take messages.
2. Greet customers and determine needs.
3. Maintain files.
4. Serve customers and prepare service/repair work estimates.
5. Enter pricing on orders.
6. Set appointments with customers & schedule glaziers for service/repair work.
7. Set customer appointments for managers as directed.
8. Accept delivery tickets, match to orders, & refer to appropriate manager.
9. Keep a personal time sheet.
10. Assist in keeping the working area and kitchen clean and orderly.
11. Train on other aspects of the operation as directed.
12. Provide other reporting and support activities for the management and Owners as directed.
The standards for your position are indicated above under The Expectations, The Ideal Person, and The Work Responsibilities. They are the basis upon which your performance will be evaluated, by you and by your supervisor. The evaluations will take place at least annually.